Sunday 18 January 2009

this is a first...

so the average person (sorry but our world is built up on stereotypes) might think: 2.08 a.m.-maybe i should get some sleep; what a wonderful feeling it is, eyelids closed, lights off, shutters down,closed [and perhaps even locked] doors.......sounds like a prison to me.
but its said sleep can do wonderful things-you wake up rested, to a new day; sleep takes the toxins out of your body; sleep makes you forgot all the bad things in the world; but most importantly sleep takes you off to 'dreamland'-a real place for fictitious happenings.
This Dreamland is a 'great' place; great NOT being synonymous with aweinspiring greatness. I guess it's got more to do with the expanse and probabilities of the mind.

I know that in a few years if I have kids, I will entice them into sleep (for reasons I cannot yet fully understand;if your mind and body accept this sense of being then you are ready,or?), for "nothing happens unless first a dream" (Carl Sandburg). But I am a cynic.I think dreams are a luxury for those who can afford to make them reality. Dreams are meant to give you hope; a hope that someday you can accomplish the great things you do in your sleep-and whilst it makes us smile for the moment I find the subconscious a dream-shattering institute. Take for instance the dream I had two nights ago: My latest heart-throb appeared to me and it was a fairly romantic scene. (said he was madly in love with me etc....)But when I awoke I knew that there was no reality in that dream. And it shattered my heart to have to awaken to such reality. And therein lies the conflict in my mind: Should I never wake, or should I never sleep?

3 comments:

  1. Starry starry night- good choice. Yay for being in the "upload picture in title bar" club with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always sleeping so it isn't much point debating on it. :) And yes, I just love starry, starry night. Am so glad you're blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i love starry,starry night too!!Van Gogh has had me gazing at his paintings in awe many-a-times.
    Thanks to your greatness Yasha I managed to somehow put that pic up. I am still learning how to be an effective blogger. Thanks for the thumbs up ruch.i am glad that you are glad that i am blogging.

    ReplyDelete